UPM Raflatac adopts a new global operating model
UPM Raflatac is preparing for further growth by adopting a new scalable global operating model. The new model consists of three strategic business units (SBUs) and three market regions. The SBUs are responsible for product offering and manufacturing globally. The market regions are responsible for the customer interface and service.
At the same time UPM Raflatac head office is planned to be relocated from Tampere to UPM’s Biofore House in Helsinki. The following UPM Raflatac Management Team appointments are valid as of 1 October 2016:
- Mauri Suomela has been appointed Senior Vice President, Paper Laminates SBU.
- Mark Pollard has been appointed Senior Vice President, Films SBU.
- Jussi Oksanen has been appointed Senior Vice President, Specials SBU.
In addition Mark Pollard has been appointed to lead the Americas market region.
- Minna Katila has been appointed Vice President, Human Resources.
- Ulla-Riitta Unkuri has been appointed Vice President, Stakeholder Relations.
- Timo Kekki, Vice President, Business Control & Strategy, Mikko Kari, Vice President, Global Operations & Supply Chain as well as Jan-Erik Forsström, Vice President, R&D, continue in their current roles.
Leaders of the APAC and EMEIA market regions as well as the head of Sourcing will be appointed later.
“UPM Raflatac has a good competitive position and the demand for label stock continues to grow. Our new operating model brings clarity to global product and market responsibilities and enables us to further improve our performance and capture growth opportunities,” says Antti Jääskeläinen, Executive Vice President, UPM Raflatac.