Packaging Innovations 2014 returns with a converting show
Packaging Innovations returns to the NEC next February 26 & 27 with the launch of Converting Innovations, a new co-located show dedicated to providing converting suppliers with a unique UK forum to meet their market.
This latest announcement is yet another enhancement to Packaging Innovations which, with its portfolio of shows, is already Europe’s top packaging event covering all parts of the packaging supply chain.
Converting Innovations 2014 will provide a showcase for the very latest products and services including: materials, drying and laminating equipment, finishing machines, slitting and rewinding kit plus control, test and measurement equipment.
Alison Church, Event Director at easyFairs UK Ltd, says: “Over the years our show has continued to grow, reflecting the industry as a whole. Until now, the UK has not provided suppliers of converting machinery, equipment and technology with an opportunity to meet buyers and influencers face-to-face in an environment that is proven to deliver business. We are always looking for new ways to develop and build the show, and with the UK packaging converting market worth £11 billion, we had to reflect this at the 2014 event. We also have plans to develop and build the Print Innovations area too, so there’s a lot to be excited about ahead of the 2014 NEC show!”
When the event took place in February 2013 it attracted 5,093 visitors and had over 350 companies exhibiting, with 69% of them rebooking onsite.
Friedheim International was just one of the companies exhibiting at last year’s event. Stuart Bamford, the company’s UK & Ireland Sales Manager, remarked: ”I thought the show was busier than I had expected it to be with some good enquiries from companies previously unknown to us. The stand we had was in an excellent location and the cost in relation to other events was good value for money.”
This latest show development means the 2014 event will feature seven co-located shows: Packaging Innovations, Ecopack, Contract Pack, Packtech, Print Innovations, Labelling Innovations and Converting Innovations. Each show addresses a specific sphere of packaging, and when the shows are combined they provide buyers with an unparalleled total view of all that the industry has to offer:
- Packaging Innovations – showcasing the latest primary and secondary packaging technology, design and branding techniques.
- Labelling Innovations – a dedicated show, supported by BPIF Labels, offering labelling solutions across converting, printing and packaging.
- Contract Pack – housing over 30 BCMPA accredited exhibitors, this area is for companies looking to outsource all or part of the manufacturing, processing, packing, fulfilment or logistics operations.
- Ecopack – a showcase for environmentally responsible materials and packaging solutions.
- Packtech – where visitors can find the latest off-the-shelf or bespoke machinery and technology for all aspects of packaging.
- Print Innovations – a unique forum where the latest printing technology and techniques will be on show.
- Converting Innovations – NEW for 2014, Converting Innovations showcases the latest in converting machinery and equipment as well as new approaches for creating, printing and finishing product packaging.
Simon Mitchell, Sales Director at IST (UK) Ltd, explains how the entire ‘buying chain’ gathers at the show:
“As a major UK and global supplier of UV systems, we find that the market we want to meet always attends the easyFairs packaging event – that is decision makers who will buy our equipment, and also their clients, who will demand new innovations that out solutions will deliver.”
Alison Church concludes: “Our NEC flagship show has become the packaging show where the industry gathers; each year the big manufacturers return from DuPont UK to HP, but you’ll also see a huge range of companies you just won’t meet anywhere else. We provide the perfect platform for these vibrant communities to come together and exchange ideas.”
The BIG Packaging Debate will also be returning to the NEC, where a panel of packaging experts will form a lively Question Time style session. There will be 50 content-rich learnShops seminars addressing hot industry trends and issues; plus six brave contestants who will enter the ‘Lions’ Lair’, pitching their latest products to a panel of brand, retail and packaging experts. Furthermore, on the second day of the show, The BIG Print Debate will bring industry experts together to discuss the crucial issues in print.
Companies interested in exhibiting can find out more about booking a stand by calling David Fergus, Sales Manager, on +44 (0)20 8843 8824 or email David.Fergus@easyFairs.com
Further information on exhibiting or visiting can be found at www.easyFairs.com/ConvertingUK