HÄHL GmbH leading manufacturer of roll bodies and heating- and cooling rolls
HÄHL GmbH is a medium-sized company. Our core business is development and manufacturing of cylindrical parts for nearly all industries as well as highly complex machining procedures of numerous special materials.
HÄHL GmbH is to be considered as one of the leading companies regarding manufacturing of long, slim roll bodies as well as heating- and cooling rolls. Company Headquarter is situated in Kieselbronn being a part of the well-known technical region of Baden-Württemberg (Germany).
In 2003 HÄHL Technology (Suzhou) Co. Ltd., which is situated in the province of Jiangsu in People’s Republic of China, was founded in order to develop the Asian market for our roll products.
Rolls: HÄHL is manufacturing rolls in a variety of configurations, construction features and surface designs. The dimensions rank from max. diameter 1,250 mm (49.2″) up to max. 13,000 mm (511.8″) face length and from max. diameter 3,000 mm (118.1″) to max. 6,000 mm (236.2″) face length at a maximum weight per unit of 20 t.
The variety of roll types can be distinguished according to their configuration as single-shell construction, solid roll, double-shell as well as special constructions. Rotating mandrels, pressure tanks, etc. are also classified according to their main construction features. Application fields of our rolls are foil, metal, printing, paper, textile, non-wovens, and the plastic industry. We are also serving customers of further industry fields.
Machining: Our aligned machinery fulfils highly productive processing work at cylindrical components such as turning, cutting, drilling, deep-hole drilling and welding.
Winder Cores: We manufacture winder cores for:
- Isolator construction and energy supplier
- Chemical and Petrochemical Industry
- Irrigation Technology, Seawater Desalination Plant
- Enrichment and Nuclear Technology
- Gas- and Water Supply
- Offshore plants respectively medium flow system
Materials: Following common materials are used:
- Low-alloyed and high-alloyed steels
- Non-alloyed steels: general construction steels
- Micro-alloyed steels
- Case hardening and heat treated steels
- Grain-refined construction steels
Non-ferrous metals (aluminum, copper, bronze):
- Fibre composites (carbon fibre, glass fibre)
- Aluminum- and bronze-alloys, etc.
Surfaces: The following surfaces are suitable for coating of HÄHL rolls:
- Hardened, Heat-Treatment
- Spray coatings (metal, ceramics, cermets)
- Gladding with stainless steel sheets
- Rubber coatings
- Galvanic coatings (chrome, nickel, multilayer system)
- Lacquer, Teflon coating, etc.
Service: Consulting, conception and calculation of all roll parameters