Erhardt+Leimer and AVT (Advanced Vision Technology) have announced their intention to form an alliance that will broaden product portfolios and strengthen services for customers of both companies, including end users and OEMs, through solutions born of the two companies’ combined experience and technological skills.
Germany-based Erhardt+Leimer is one of the leaders in system solutions and process control equipment to web-based industries, and Israel-based AVT is a specialist in print inspection, print process control, and quality assurance.
According to the companies understandings, in a first step AVT will acquire E+L’s automatic print inspection solutions and will assume the responsibility to develop and manage these solutions for both companies’ customers in the label and packaging applications, including the corrugated segment.
In return E+L will be entitled to future earn outs and a cash payment as per the set terms. As part of the agreement, Dr Michael Proeller, E+L’s CEO, will be appointed chairman of AVT’s Advisory Board and serve as an observer on AVT’s Board of Directors.
The next stage of the partnership will see customers being offered a wider selection of solutions that may originate from either company; this allows both companies to increase customer responsiveness and maximise global footprints.
One major achievement of this alliance will be the level of technological know-how it unites. The new joint portfolio includes comprehensive solutions such as:
– Label & Narrow Web Inspection: E+L’s NYSCAN and AVT’s Helios platforms will be enhanced through combined support expertise and the increased potential for joint innovation.
– Vision & Viewing: The alliance leverages E+L’s view/vision technologies to enhance both view and inspection solutions and capabilities.
– Colour: The alliance makes available the full range of colour measurement and management solutions from both companies.
– Comprehensive end-to-end: The alliance creates a one-stop-shop for total quality assurance and process control solutions, from web guides and vision systems through press control and automation.
– Corrugated: The alliance instantly becomes a leading supplier and innovator for the corrugated industry’s fast-developing quality control needs. Existing products for corrugated printing will be further enhanced, and plans are in the works to introduce several additional offerings.
OEMs will also benefit from the one-stop-shop created by the alliance, providing everything from web guides, measurement systems and viewers to press control solutions, workflow management set-ups and automation.
Both parties are expected to sign definitive agreements in the coming weeks.
“We look forward to working together with the great team at E+L to provide better solutions to our customers,” said Jaron Lotan, CEO of AVT. “This partnership is exciting for all involved and will broaden each firm’s reach and expertise.”
Dr Michael Proeller, CEO of E+L, added: “Our two companies have known one another for decades, and have a high level of respect for the others’ products, technology and personnel. Maximising customer satisfaction, comprising products, technology and global 365/24/7 coverage is the driving factor behind this alliance.”