UK and USA equipment manufacturer of Elite Cameron slitter rewinders has confirmed that its ‘clean’ slitter rewinder has been supplied to Worldmark Material Sciences for the conversion of its security laminates. Worldmark is a global manufacturing company with centres in 15 countries, manufacturing high security label and die cut products. The machine was recently installed in their Glasgow facility to increase productivity and quality of a wide range of high specification laminates.
“The slitter has enabled us to guarantee finished reel stock quality and cleanliness that is required for high quality printing,” says operations manager Garry McLeish. “We selected most of the options available to reduce set up time as we run many different products every day”.
The CW800 slitter rewinder was developed to slit and clean substrates for printing, medical and food grade applications. The ergonomic design has a dual sided Teknek contact web cleaner after slitting to guarantee the cleanliness of the web. The machine complies with the latest Gamp standards and the company can provide full validation for medical clean room operation if required.
“We have supplied this model to many medical companies but this is our first unit with a dual sided, contact web cleaner after slitting,” explains sales engineer James Self. ”We have worked closely with Teknek to incorporate their XWCH3 cleaner while minimising the slit web length to the rewind.”
The CW800 ‘clean’ model comes with a variety of options for use on all types of material, combining many features to eliminate contamination of the web before, during and after slitting; standard specification includes:
- 1600mm wide, 800mm rewind diameter
- All electric shaftless unwind
- Latest high performance anti-static units
- Overhead web feed
- Automatic knife setting
- Driven shear knives with knife cleaning system
- Post slitting double sided web cleaning (contact and contactless options)
- Cantilevered knife shafts for rapid knife removal
- Special release coated path rolls
- Multiple zone automatic tension control throughout for perfect web control at high speeds.
- Automatic tension control throughout
- Trim rewind units
- Laser core and knife positioning for rapid set up.
- High quality AC digital drive system and touch screen controls